A fully automated Sieverts instrument for measuring gas (CO2, CH4, C2H6, N2, H2) sorption properties of materials
The PCTPro is based on the Sievert’s method.A sample at known pressure and volume is connected to a reservoir of known volume and pressure through an isolation valve.Opening the isolation valve allows new equilibrium to be established.Gas sorption is determined by difference in actual measured pressure (Pf) versus calculated pressure (Pc).PCTPro is designed for the measurements of gas sorption on a single sample with a wide range of multiple dosing volumes combined with PID Pressure and PID Temperature control systems.
Types of measurements include:
Temperature programmed desorption (TPD) dynamic measurements
True kinetics and rate constants over the full sorption or desorption range as a function of pressure and temperature
Pressure-Composition Isotherms (PCT, PCI) for determination of equilibrium temperatures, pressures, and thermodynamics(fi gure below).
Charge and discharge cycling with repeated kinetic measurements to study long- term cycling effects on capacity and kinetics.
The PCTPro is well suited for gas-solid sorption in any forms (powders, bulk, films), as well as gas-liquid sorption.
NEW PARTS AND OPTIONS Available test gases
Additional test gases were included in the Hy-data software library. The PCTPro can now be operated with Ethane, Ethylene, Propane, Propylene, Butane, Iso-butane, Butene, and Isobutene.
– 260°C to 500°C
with different sample holders options
2 high pressure calibrated volumes (Evo version)
5 high pressure calibrated volumes (E&E version)
Operating pressure range
From vacuum to 200 bar
Pressure regulation: automated PID software controlled
Aliquot sizing – Fixed P, ΔP or f(ΔP)
4 pressure transducers
Pressure regulation: 2 transducers for vacuum to 200 bar
Experiment pressure: 1 transducer for vacuum to 200 bar
1 transducer for vacuum to 5 bar
Accuracy: 1% of the reading
High accuracy option
Accuracy < 0,12% of the reading (vacuum to 5 bar)
Accuracy < 0,025% full scale (vacuum to 200 bar)
3 µmole of gas (with the MicroDoser attachment)
Carbon Dioxide, Methane, Nitrogen, Argon,Hydrogen, Deuterium, Helium, Oxygen, Neon, Ammonia, n-alcanes from C2 to C6, more on request.
• Incomparable versatility: the PCTPro operates from vacuum to high pressure (200 bar) on multiple volume gas doser (5 to 1200 ml) to tackle a wide variety of applications. Moreover the PCTPro is designed to study sorption of a large choice of gases (Carbon Dioxide, Methane, Nitrogen, Argon, Hydrogen,…).
• Wide range of temperature: the PCTPro covers a temperature range from -260 °C to 500 °C with different optional sample holders.
• Large variety of samples: the PCTPro is designed to work on powders (CO2 storage materials, catalysts, MOFs), on fi bers (carbon), on thin films (food and pharmaceutical packagings, electronics), in liquids (CO2 capture solvents), coatings etc…
• Highly automated: automatic pressure range switching is available between high and low pressure transducers (from 0.001 to 200 bar).
The PCTPro software includes 15 automated processes for system preparation, sample preparation and 4 types of measurements (kinetics, PCT, cycling kinetics and cycling PCT).
• Portable equipment: the PCTPro is portable and can be combined with other characterization techniques (X-Ray, neutron diffraction, calorimetry).
• Standard Stainless Steel sample holder for 200 bar and 400 °C
• Stainless Steel High-temperature sample holder for 100 bar and 500 °C
• Small/Large sample holders for the best fl exibility against sample size and heterogeneity
• Liquid sample holder for 100 bar and 400 °C
• Thin Film sample holder for 100 bar and 400 °C
• CryoPro for low temperature from -260 °C to 100 °C for 200 bar
• MicroDoser for very small sample (from 1 to 500 mg)