- Standard vessel in stainless steel.
- Available space for the sample inside the vessel :
– diameter : 32.7 mm.
– height : 111.2 mm.
– volume : 93.3 ml.
- Sample : 6 watch batteries of Li-I type.
- Atmosphere : air
- Isotherm at 27.4°C during 24 hours.
- During the first 8 hours, the MS80 monitors the heat flow dissipated by the batteries. After this time, the two vessels (measure and reference) are inverted. After another 4 hours the heat flow is stable again.
- The deviation of heat flow before, and after the inversion (26 µW) is twice as high as the heat flow dissipated by the 6 batteries : 13µW (= 26 µW / 2)
- Each battery dissipates an average heat flow of 2.2 µW (= 13 µW / 6).